Your Life. Your Career.
At LewisGale Hospital at Montgomery, we've created a work environment that is reflective of our Patient Service Program, in that we understand that what we do every day impacts the lives of others, and so our employees must be engaged and involved. We understand that an engaged employee is one who has options to enjoy all the aspects of work, life and family.
As our mission states, we recognize the value of members of our team, and our philosophy is to provide an environment that focuses on Work Flexibility, Career Development, Rewards & Recognition and Employee Wellness.
We do our best to accommodate our employees' schedules so they can meet their needs outside of work. We understand that no one's life should have to be tailored around a career. Our goal is to provide the flexibility that allows our employees to be dedicated and successful in both their professional and personal lives.
- Part-time, full-time and per diem (as needed) positions are available in most departments
- 32 regularly scheduled hours per week is considered full-time for the purposes of benefit eligibility, PTO, EIB and a host of other perks
- Job sharing positions exist within some departments
- Cross specialty positions are available in our diagnostic departments
It is essential for healthcare professionals to keep up-to-date with the technology and education necessary for career advancement. Whether at the hospital or through an outside resource, we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. If you have the drive to take the next step in either your personal or professional development, or both, we have programs that support you!
- ACLS/BCLS/NALS on-site certification
- Web-based clinical education through Healthstream and Nursing Spectrum
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Nursing Leadership Academy
- CONSERN student loans
- Professional certification reimbursement
- Clinical research and evidence practice promoted and rewarded
- Preceptorship program
- Clinical ladder program
Rewards & Recognition
Every employee at LewisGale Hospital at Montgomery is a member of a valued team. We acknowledge this through consistent reward and recognition programs for the exceptional work done by our staff. Our employees are committed to giving extraordinary care to their patients every day, and it doesn't go unnoticed. From a simple "thank you" in the hallways to a celebration event - we appreciate hard work and make sure that our employees are recognized for their contributions through:
- Nursing shared governance
- Hospital Week celebrations
- Nursing and ancillary staff appreciation days
- Outstanding team member awards
- Employee service recognition program
- Active Employee Activity Committee hosting a steady stream of appreciation events
- Cafeteria discounts
- Special pay incentives
- Drawings for tickets to movies and VA Tech sporting events
- Derrick McFarland Employee of the Year Award
- Frist Award
- Free on-site parking
- Special gift shop sales for employees
Our employees' wellness is important to us. Continuing to provide our patients exceptional care would be impossible without a healthy staff. Here are just a few programs available to employees to help maintain a happy and healthy life, family and future:
- An Employee Assistance Program for those times when you or your family need special attention
- Flu shots and other immunizations on site
- Generous paid time off bank that includes sick and medical leave, plus an additional extended illness bank
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Day care discounts
- Reduced membership fees at local health clubs